For whatever reason, I couldn’t get some of my messages from Outlook to
actually send through Gmail this weekend. I went through the
various things I’ve
tried when this has happened in the past and settled on the
deleting my Gmail account settings and entering them anew into Outlook. When I went to get
the right settings from Gmail help,
I came across a promo for a new
Gmail POP Troubleshooter utility that you can
download from Google. Hallelujah! Poking around, I found that it
rolled out earlier this month.
Firing up the software, it checked my settings and declared them OK. It then checked the connection with the Gmail server, then shut down
and disappeared. Along with this, my mail also
started to go out, as a result.
I kept having sending problems for about an hour or two. Each time I ran the
troubleshooter, they went away. I have no idea if the troubleshooter was
actually making some change or it was all a coincidence, with Gmail perhaps having a slow day. Regardless, the troubleshooter solved the problem, so
I’ll give it the credit.
Check it out, if you’re having an issue. I was disappointed that after it
runs, it just shuts down with no summary screen or report of what it found.