I thought it would be useful to explain where I’m going to be speaking at this year, plus where I won’t be, because there seems to be some confusion out there. In particular, a number of people assumed I would be part of the recent SES London show. I wasn’t. Last October, I’d explained I’m part of only three SES shows in 2007. I’ll revisit this as a reminder, as well as provide news about two additional SMX events (Local/Mobile & Social Media) that my own company Third Door Media has just announced.
- PhoCusWright/ITB Berlin 2007 – Travel Search Engines Essentials – March 7, 2007: I’ll be speaking and participating in this special PhoCusWright-produced event at the giant ITB travel show in Berlin.
- Search Marketing World 2007 – Dublin – March 21, 2007: I’ll be speaking and moderating at this Interactive Return-produced event in Dublin.
- SESNY – April 10-13, 2007: This event is produced by Incisive Media. I’m the conference chair, which means I’m in charge of programming the regular sessions aside from training courses, the ClickZ track and any sponsored sessions. In addition to creating session content, I’ll also be speaking and moderating. For those wondering what’s my “last” SES show, I suppose this is the “last normal” SES I’ll be doing, where normal means I completely create and organize the content on my own.
- SMX Advanced – Seattle – June 4-5, 2007: This is the first event produced by my own company, Third Door Media. Search Marketing Expo Advanced is aimed at advanced search marketers. Registration for the show has just opened, and a full agenda will be up in March. I’m creating the agenda and will be speaking and moderating at the show.
- SESSJ – Aug. 20-23, 2007: Like SES NY, this event is produced by Incisive Media. This time, I’m co-chair of the conference. That means I’ll be splitting the session programming with Chris Sherman. In addition to this, I’ll also be speaking and moderating. Overall, it will still be a fairly “normal” show in how I’m usually involved with the big SES shows.
- SMX Social Media – New York, Oct. 16-17, 2007: This is another event from my own company that’s just been announced. It will look at social media marketing and the intersection with search marketing. Basic information is available now at the site. I’ll be creating the programming in conjunction with Neil Patel of ACS. I’ll also be speaking and moderating at the event.
- SESChicago – Dec. 3-6, 2007: Again, this event is produced by Incisive Media. I’m not in charge of any of the programming for this show. My role will be one of speaking and moderating.
That’s the schedule so far. Third Door has also announced SMX Local & Mobile in Denver from September 19-20. That show is being handled by Chris Sherman and should be great. I’m not likely to be out there for it simply because I try to keep one month of the year — September — where I’m not traveling.
Postscript: See I Work For Search Engine Land, Not Search Engine Watch for my status since this post was written.